Since 2007, Dark Heart Nursery (DHN) has specialized in cultivating high quality clones for growers across California. Our years of experience allow us to produce premium clones from both popular and emerging genetic lines that perform well in a variety of settings. In 2019 DHN is expanding into additional facilities to bring on more capacity and to lower the cost of production. DHN has operated a cannabis tissue culture lab since 2014 and is now further developing the plant biotech side of the business into plant pathology, virus eradication, and breeding. It is an exciting time to join the team at DHN as we look to scale the business and dominate the cannabis nursery space.
Dark Heart Nursery, the leader in cannabis clone production in California is looking for an outgoing, competitive and energetic Director of Sales to lead our Sales Division in Oakland, CA. The ideal candidate must have vast experience and proven success in achieving sales targets by effectively leading, mentoring and inspiring a team. The Director of Sales will own the development of new sales pipelines, strategies, optimizing our CRM tracking and reporting, and drive initiative to grow sales.
Essential Functions (included, but not limited to)
- Design and implement a strategic business plan that expands the company’s customer base and ensure a strong brand presence throughout the state of California;
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of current California law and regulations;
- Build and own the reporting analytics projects that allow strategic insights into the performance of the sales organization, drive and monitor the organization, and enable the processes to scale with our growth;
- Create value added reporting linking business and organization metrics to sales commissions data providing insights and recommendations on how to shape behaviors that drive positive outcomes;
- Create a culture of success with ongoing business and goal achievement;
- Plan and strategize territories to maximize effective coverage;
- Deliver accurate forecasting and pipeline management;
- Develop and maintain departmental KPI’s;
- Analyze sales pipeline and forecasting to develop accurate projections and budget;
- Own coaching and performance monitoring of the sales team;
- Set up long-term sales relationships with growers both indoor and outdoor;
- Continue integration of Inside Sales Team with Outside Representatives in order to effectively exceed established goals;
- Design and coordinate sales training programs to aid sales team to achieve and exceed their goals;
- Lead weekly and monthly sales meetings;
- Performs other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time;
- Customer/Client Focus
- Communication Proficiency
- Performance Management
- Business Acumen
- Results Driven
- Organizational and Presentation Skills
- 7-10 years of B2B sales experience and 4+ years’ experience leading a sales team;
- Bachelors degree in business administration or a related field, Master’s degree preferred;
- Proven experience utilizing a CRM to manage sales team tasks, pipeline, and closing opportunities;
- Demonstrated ability in all aspects of sales leadership and leadership collaboration;
- Proven track record of building high-performing teams that consistently deliver and exceed revenue goals;
- Proven analytical skills with ability to translate data into accurate forecasts and actionable insights;
- Strong capabilities in planning and executing account strategies, creating and presenting sales plans, setting milestones, measuring performance and being accountable for results;
- Skilled at building rapport, opening doors, and understanding business requirements of senior leaders;
- Strong closing skills;
- Strong Excel and computer skills;
- Ability to influence and inspire others;
- Ability to remain focused and flexible during rapid change;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience in budgeting, pricing, and inventory management;
- Transparent, dependable and trustworthy;
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This position requires up to 50% travel. Frequently travel is outside the local area and overnight.