Overall Job Purpose:
The Data/Compliance Supervisor will assist and oversee a team (data department) of personnel in general operations to ensure state regulations and compliance are being met. Data/Compliance Supervisor is an essential part of the smooth daily operation of the business.
Must be able to provide a safe, efficient, and high morale work environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following;
- Remain current on all laws and regulations associated to the operations of cannabis businesses in California
- Summarize state variances and identify any pending legislation
- Provide advice and counsel to the Company and operations team regarding any laws and regulations that involve or affect the business’s standard operating procedures or employee training programs
- Respond to changes in relevant laws/regulations by identifying impacts across the enterprise, adjusting policy as necessary and coordinated with relevant stakeholders to provide guidance on implementation
- Maintain internal resources and databases for state rules
- Conduct periodic audits of facilities to ensure adherence to Company policies and procedures that involve compliance, safety, and security and provide in-person and electronic feedback and follow-up with the appropriate personnel to mitigate any risks that could lead to violations, fines, and loss of licenses or certifications
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk and then advise proper personnel on corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues
- Conduct proactive research regarding legal and compliance changes that could affect the Company’s business, translating complex laws and regulations into practical advice and solutions that can be implemented in a timely manner to prevent non-compliance
- Monitor and maintain compliance standards in all cultivation operations
- Maintaining all applicable facility license and certifications required by law
- Develop and maintain relationships with all regulatory and compliance agencies
- Serve as the Liaison for Monterey Tilth Farm when communicating with regulatory and compliance agencies, law enforcement officials, and inspectors. Aid these individuals when they are conducting audits or investigations
- Monitor and report incidents and violations to the appropriate personnel and/or regulatory (regulatory) body as required or requested
- Multi-State compliance oversight and responsibilities as needed
- Perform risk assessments and audits on product implementation (on Metric process)
- Proactively identity and anticipate risk of non-compliance in a dynamic environment and help track and trace data on common areas of vulnerability
- Review and improve Standard Operating Procedures, Compliance Audits and other materials as assigned
- Assist in the development of compliance training
- Complete other assigned duties as needed for the Vice President of Operations/Director of Finance and Chief Executive Officer
- Operate independently and autonomously on assigned projects/tasks
- Report on numbers, losses, and issues surrounding data
Qualified candidates will have the experience, skills and abilities to perform the above responsibilities successfully. The role requires exceptional time management skills, good communication abilities, and an understanding of audit-tracking and project management approaches.
Resumes should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.